Managing Partner and Owner of our Colorado Office, Jennifer K. O’Connell has been working with Queener Law team in personal injury cases for over a dozen years in complex premises, auto, cycling, motorcycle, and tractor-trailer collision cases. In 2017, Jennifer moved to Colorado to officially bring Queener Law’s hometown feel of a family-style firm and national experience to the mountains.
Jennifer hails from the Great Smoky Mountains of Knoxville, Tennessee. After attending Appalachian School of Law and University of Tennessee College of Law, Jennifer practiced personal injury for nearly a decade across the state of Tennessee. In her practice, Jennifer handled cases involving premises liability, auto collisions, pedestrian and bicycle crashes, and tractor-trailer collisions. Jennifer also developed a department focusing in mass torts and pharmaceutical class action cases. Since moving to Colorado, Jennifer has continued to build on her experience and expertise in these areas.
… So Does a Winning Record.
Jennifer is licensed to practice in Colorado and Tennessee, including four federal courts. She has practiced in over thirty-five counties in Colorado and Tennessee, and has appeared before the Tennessee Court of Appeals. While in Tennessee, she commonly took more cases to trial than any other attorney in her field and won record-breaking verdicts. Her team’s goal is to keep it up in Colorado to ensure that their clients receive their full and fair recoveries. They have already achieved millions of dollars in jury trials in Colorado and will continue to take their deserving clients to trial.
In 2020, after only three years in Colorado, Jennifer was named Law Week’s Barristers Best Civil Litigator in the State of Colorado and the New Trial Lawyer of the Year by the Colorado Trial Lawyers Association. She has collected over a million dollars in settlements and verdicts annually since beginning her practice. Jennifer has also provided research and brief contributions for a 7 to 2 Decision before the United States Supreme Court.
Jennifer has been published on LexisNexis and has litigated against pharmaceutical corporations, major trucking companies, and insurance carriers like Progressive, Travelers, GEICO, State Farm, Farmers, American Family, Nationwide, Liberty Mutual, USAA, Hartford, Cincinnati Insurance, Allstate, Esurance, Permanent General, SafeCo, Zurich, Chubb, Bristol West, and many more. She has also negotiated with health insurance companies like Medicare, Cigna, Aetna, Medicaid, Kiser, United Healthcare, Anthem, and BlueCross BlueShield to keep money out of the pockets of the insurance companies and in the pockets of her clients.
When she is not serving clients directly in court or through her active membership in these organizations, Jennifer checks off countries on her travel list, hikes, skis, and snowshoes in the Back Country, and cycles around Denver. She also trains dogs who have been rescued from shelters or unhealthy and unsafe environments and gives them to Veterans living with PTSD as fully-trained service dogs – free of charge – in her role as Vice President of the Board for the Rescue for PTSD. When you pass her on the hiking trail, make sure you stop to pet her three family pups and her foster service dog in training!
- Tractor-Trailer Collisions
- Premises Liability
- Bicycle and Pedestrian Injuries
- Motorcycle Collisions
- Wrongful Death
- Traumatic Brain Injuries
- Slip and Falls on Ice
- Personal Injury
- Consulting Expert – Discovery and Rule 30(b)(6) Depositions
- Consulting Expert – Witness Preparation for Depositions and Trials
- Appalachian School of Law and University of Tennessee College of Law, Juris Doctorate, 2009
- East Tennessee State University Honors College, Bachelors of Science, Political Science and Biology, 2006
- University of Stellenbosch, South Africa, Politics and Environmental Studies, 2005
- Law Week’s Barrister’s Best Civil Litigator in the State of Colorado 2020
- Colorado Trial Lawyer’s Association’s New Trial Lawyer of the Year 2020
- Super Lawyers Rising Star – 2022
- Colorado State Bar
- Tennessee State Bar
- United States District Court, Eastern District of Tennessee
- United States District Court, Middle District of Tennessee
- United States District Court, Western District of Tennessee
- United States District Court, District of Colorado
- Colorado Supreme Court
Associations & Leadership
- Vice President – The Rescue for PTSD
- InnerCircle Mastermind – Co-Founder and Co-Chair, 2021-2022
- Colorado Trial Lawyers Association – Board Member, Seminar Committee, and Co-Chair of Blockbuster Conference Committee
- Co-Chair of Women’s Trial Lawyer Network and Co-Chair of Open Forum, 2020-2022
- Colorado Bar Association Leadership Training Graduate, 2022
- Denver Bar Association
- Colorado Bar Association
- American Association for Justice
- National Trial Lawyers
- The Docket, Official Magazine of the Denver Bar Association, Column on Transportation Issues, April 2019 to Fall 2019
- Business Continuity and Succession Planning: The Special Appeal of Limited Liability Companies, LexisNexis Expert Commentary, June 2008, co-authored
- The Influence of Public and Private Sectors on HIV/AIDS Awareness and Prevention in South Africa, China, and the United States, University Honors Scholars Thesis, May 2006
- LoHi Lifestyle Magazine, The Neighborhood Magazine for LoHi and the Surrounding Area, Small Business Spotlight, May 2019 to September 2021
- Joel Feldman’s End Distracted Driving Presentation Series – Winter 2019
- Colorado Trial Lawyers Association Cultivating Small Business Panel – CTLA Convention – August 2019
- Colorado Trial Lawyers Association Premises Liability Panel – January 2021
- Colorado Trial Lawyers Association Case Assistance Committee Roundtable – Rule 30(b)(6) Depositions and Discovery Strategies – Fall 2021
- Colorado Trial Lawyers Association Blockbuster Seminar – Redefining Rule 30(b)(6) Depositions – January 2022
- 1st Judicial District Seminar – Deposition Prep for Clients and Witnesses – March 2022
- Colorado Bar Association’s Litigation Nuts and Bolts – Prepping Your Expert and Crossing Theirs – April 2022
- Women’s Trial Lawyers Association’s Annual Retreat – Forward Momentum Exercise and Roundtable – June 2022