Colorado attorney Jennifer K. O’Connell has been working with the Queener Law team in personal injury cases for years as co-counsel in auto-accident and tractor trailer collision cases. After moving to the Denver area, Jennifer officially joined forces with Queener Law to bring the hometown feel of the a small, family-style firm with national experience to the mountains.
Jennifer hails from the Great Smoky Mountains of Knoxville, Tennessee. After attending Appalachian School of Law and University of Tennessee College of Law, Jennifer practiced personal injury for nearly a decade across the state of Tennessee. In her practice, Jennifer handled cases involving premises liability, auto accidents, pedestrian and bicycle accidents, and tractor trailer collisions. Jennifer also developed a department focusing in mass torts and pharmaceutical class action cases. Since moving to Colorado, Jennifer has continued to build on her experience and expertise in these areas.
Jennifer is licensed to practice in Colorado and Tennessee, including multiple federal courts. She has practiced in over fifteen counties in Colorado and Tennessee, and has argued in front of the Tennessee Court of Appeals. While in Tennessee, she commonly took more cases to trial than any other attorney in her field and won record-breaking verdicts. She intends to hold the same honors here in Colorado to ensure that her clients receive their full and fair recoveries. She has also collected over a million dollars in settlements and verdicts annually since beginning her practice. Jennifer has also provided research and brief contributions for a 7 to 2 Decision before the United States Supreme Court.
Jennifer has been published on LexisNexis and has litigated against pharmaceutical corporations, major trucking companies, and insurance carriers like Progressive, GEICO, State Farm, Farmers, American Family, Nationwide, Liberty Mutual, USAA, Hartford, Cincinnati Insurance, Allstate, Esurance, Permanent General, SafeCo, Zurich, Chubb, Bristol West, and many more. She has also negotiated with health insurance companies like Medicare, Cigna, Aetna, Medicaid, Kiser, United Healthcare, and BlueCross BlueShield to keep money out of the pockets of the insurance companies and in the pockets of her clients.
Jennifer is an active member of the American Bar Association, American Association for Justice, Colorado Trial Lawyers Association, Colorado Women’s Bar Association, Colorado Bar Association, Denver Bar Association, Tennessee Bar Association, and Tennessee Trial Lawyers Association. She also writes for The Docket, produced by the Denver Bar Association. And when she is not serving clients directly in court or through her active membership in these organizations, Jennifer checks off countries on her travel list, hikes, skis, and snowshoes in the Back Country, and cycles around Denver.
- Tractor Trailer Collisions
- Premises Liability
- Bicycle and Pedestrian Injuries
- Motorcycle Collisions
- Workers Compensation
- Personal Injury
- Civil Litigation
- Insurance Bad Faith
- Appalachian School of Law and University of Tennessee College of Law, Juris Doctorate, 2009
- East Tennessee State University Honors College, Bachelors of Science, 2006
- University of Stellenbosch, South Africa, Politics and Environmental Studies, 2005
- Colorado State Bar
- Tennessee State Bar
- United States District Court, Eastern District of Tennessee
- United States District Court, Middle District of Tennessee
- United States District Court, Western District of Tennessee
- United States District Court, District of Colorado
Associations & Leadership
- Downtown Denver Partnership – Mobility Council Member
- Colorado Trial Lawyers Association – Board Member and Co-Chair of Blockbuster Conference Committee
- Women’s Trial Lawyer Network – Co-Chair of Open Forum
- Colorado Women’s Bar Association
- Denver Bar Association
- Colorado Bar Association
- American Association for Justice
- National Trial Lawyers
- The Docket, Official Magazine of the Denver Bar Association, Standing Column on Transportation Issues, April 2019 to Present
- Business Continuity and Succession Planning: The Special Appeal of Limited Liability Companies, LexisNexis Expert Commentary, June 2008, co-authored
- The Influence of Public and Private Sectors on HIV/AIDS Awareness and Prevention in South Africa, China, and the United States, University Honors Scholars Thesis, May 2006
- LoHi Lifestyle Magazine, The Neighborhood Magazine for LoHi and the Surrounding Area, Small Business Spotlight Standing Column, May 2019 to Present
- Joel Feldman’s End Distracted Driving Presentation Series
- Colorado Trial Lawyers Association Cultivating Small Business Panel