Managing Partner and Owner of our Colorado Office, Jennifer K. O’Connell has been working with Queener Law team in personal injury cases for over 10 years in complex premises, auto-accident, and tractor trailer collision cases. In 2017, Jennifer moved to Colorado to officially bring Queener Law’s hometown feel of a family-style firm and national experience to the mountains.
Jennifer hails from the Great Smoky Mountains of Knoxville, Tennessee. After attending Appalachian School of Law and University of Tennessee College of Law, Jennifer practiced personal injury for nearly a decade across the state of Tennessee. In her practice, Jennifer handled cases involving premises liability, auto accidents, pedestrian and bicycle accidents, and tractor trailer collisions. Jennifer also developed a department focusing in mass torts and pharmaceutical class action cases. Since moving to Colorado, Jennifer has continued to build on her experience and expertise in these areas.
… So Does a Winning Record.
Jennifer is licensed to practice in Colorado and Tennessee, including four federal courts. She has practiced in nearly twenty counties in Colorado and Tennessee, and has appeared before the Tennessee Court of Appeals. While in Tennessee, she commonly took more cases to trial than any other attorney in her field and won record-breaking verdicts. Her team’s goal is to keep it up here in Colorado to ensure that their clients receive their full and fair recoveries.
In 2020, after only three years in Colorado, Jennifer was named Law Week’s Barristers Best Civil Litigator in the State of Colorado and the New Trial Lawyer of the Year by the Colorado Trial Lawyers Association. She has collected over a million dollars in settlements and verdicts annually since beginning her practice. Jennifer has also provided research and brief contributions for a 7 to 2 Decision before the United States Supreme Court.
Jennifer has been published on LexisNexis and has litigated against pharmaceutical corporations, major trucking companies, and insurance carriers like Progressive, Travelers, GEICO, State Farm, Farmers, American Family, Nationwide, Liberty Mutual, USAA, Hartford, Cincinnati Insurance, Allstate, Esurance, Permanent General, SafeCo, Zurich, Chubb, Bristol West, and many more. She has also negotiated with health insurance companies like Medicare, Cigna, Aetna, Medicaid, Kiser, United Healthcare, and BlueCross BlueShield to keep money out of the pockets of the insurance companies and in the pockets of her clients.
When she is not serving clients directly in court or through her active membership in these organizations, Jennifer checks off countries on her travel list, hikes, skis, and snowshoes in the Back Country, and cycles around Denver.
- Tractor Trailer Collisions
- Premises Liability
- Bicycle and Pedestrian Injuries
- Motorcycle Collisions
- Wrongful Death
- Traumatic Brain Injuries
- Slip and Falls on Ice
- Personal Injury
- Civil Litigation
- Insurance Bad Faith
- Appalachian School of Law and University of Tennessee College of Law, Juris Doctorate, 2009
- East Tennessee State University Honors College, Bachelors of Science, Political Science and Biology, 2006
- University of Stellenbosch, South Africa, Politics and Environmental Studies, 2005
- Law Week’s Barrister’s Best Civil Litigator in the State of Colorado 2020
- Colorado Trial Lawyer’s Association’s New Trial Lawyer of the Year 2020
- Colorado State Bar
- Tennessee State Bar
- United States District Court, Eastern District of Tennessee
- United States District Court, Middle District of Tennessee
- United States District Court, Western District of Tennessee
- United States District Court, District of Colorado
Associations & Leadership
- InnerCircle Mastermind – Co-Founder and Co-Chair
- Colorado Trial Lawyers Association – Board Member, Seminar Committee, and Co-Chair of Blockbuster Conference Committee
- Co-Chair of Women’s Trial Lawyer Network and Co-Chair of Open Forum
- Colorado Women’s Bar Association
- Denver Bar Association
- Colorado Bar Association
- American Association for Justice
- National Trial Lawyers
- The Docket, Official Magazine of the Denver Bar Association, Standing Column on Transportation Issues, April 2019 to Present
- Business Continuity and Succession Planning: The Special Appeal of Limited Liability Companies, LexisNexis Expert Commentary, June 2008, co-authored
- The Influence of Public and Private Sectors on HIV/AIDS Awareness and Prevention in South Africa, China, and the United States, University Honors Scholars Thesis, May 2006
- LoHi Lifestyle Magazine, The Neighborhood Magazine for LoHi and the Surrounding Area, Small Business Spotlight Standing Column, May 2019 to Present
- Joel Feldman’s End Distracted Driving Presentation Series
- Colorado Trial Lawyers Association Cultivating Small Business Panel
- Colorado Trial Lawyers Association Premises Liability Panel
- Colorado Trial Lawyers Association Case Assistance Committee Roundtable