Benjamin Franklin once said: “An investment in knowledge pays the best interest.” The Law Office of Henry Queener is proud to announce our investment in knowledge. Every year we offer a $1,500 scholarship to an exceptional student who submits the strongest essay focusing on the given topic.
This scholarship is open to any US citizen or permanent US resident who will be enrolled full time in an accredited community college, college or university, or accredited law school in the fall of 2018.
Qualified applicants will:
- Submit your own original work.
- Give full rights for the use of the essay to the Law Office of Henry Queener for any advertising or promotional purposes.
- Provide proof of enrollment should essay be selected.
- Consent to the use of his or her picture and other basic information on the winner page of the queenerlaw.com website.
Write an essay of 1,500 words or less on the following topic:
What laws should government pass to reduce distracted driving accidents?
Your essay must include at least three links to authoritative sources. At least one of these links must be to one of the posts below or to another post on queenerlaw.com.
Here are some posts that can help you get started:
- Cellphones aren’t the only source of distraction for drivers
- Distracted Driving Still a Problem for Truckers
- Driver distraction study looks at vehicle systems controlled by voice
- Driver selfies take distraction to new level
How to Apply:
The Law Office of Henry Queener require that you submit the online application no later than July 15, 2018. Applications received after July 15, 2018 will not be considered.
Post the essay to your blog. This can be a student blog on your university website or your own personal blog. If you do not have a blog, you can create one here for free: https://www.blogger.com/.
You must be listed as the author of the essay on the website.
Applications may only be submitted through the form below. A submission via any other channel will not be considered. The Law Office of Henry Queener, in its sole discretion, will pick the scholarship winner.
Announcement of Scholarship Winner:
The winner will be selected from all eligible applications and will be announced on The Law Office of Henry Queener website by September 1, 2018. The decision of the committee is final. The winner will be notified via email or phone by September 1, 2018. The funds will be disbursed directly to the college or university to be used for tuition only.
The winner’s essay may be published on queenerlaw.com. The Law Office of Henry Queener have the sole right to resolve any disputes which may arise in the selection of the winner.